/

Singapore Underpass Art Scene


Singapore is a fine city (pun) so says souvenir shirts being sold in all tourist shops that sell souvenir items that caters to tourists. But it is true in reality and you will hardly see nuisance graffiti on the walls  even in inner seedy alleys of older streets in Singapore. So if it happens you see murals and street art in Singapore, it must be legally done and with consent of the authorities.


Last week I chance upon these artworks in one of the pedestrian tunnels along Singapore River. This pedestrian tunnel is located underneath the bridge that separate Clark Quay and the Boat Quay. It was my first time to pass by this tunnel since it was drizzling the time I was within the area. I always cross the bridge whenever I pass by the area. Little did I know there is a hidden gem inside that underpass tunnel.

Delighted to see the artworks, I did not let it unnoticed. I took the opportunity to take pictures of the murals and use the iPhone X, to test the camera capability. Photos below were not edited.

The murals from this particular tunnel is done by Social Creatives, a not-for-profit art enterprise. The mural they do on the wall were explained as written in the further end of the wall.